Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road clincher tyre weight database

Options
  • 15-02-2011 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 31,054 ✭✭✭✭

OK, I was bored.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AudBeasJxalrdHJ4ZFZBakxiSW1uaUlCcDVfNk1uWXc&hl=en&authkey=CI-Aizw

I tried to include everything from Continental, Panaracer, Schwalbe and Vittoria, except tyres with excessive tread.

Bolded entries are the lightest for that claimed width, but this is probably distorted by cheating (e.g. my Ultremo 28s are nowhere near 28mm wide).

Feel free to add more. Maybe comment if you have different measured weights or widths, but this isn't intended to be a review database.

Some of this is probably on weightweenies, but the intention is to cover current offerings only.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

OR

all the tyres i have owned by lumen :D

got a pair of diamante pro's in auxerre last year for €40
    saving them for the sportive season

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Now add drag coefficients and rolling resistances. Go on.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Crap. I accidentally the whole spreadsheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Updated with the scientifically accurate "Dirk scale of smooth riding":

1.0 - 3.0 = Fairly rough, prepare to get knocked about a bit.

3.0 - 6.0 = Not bad, a bit dead but ok for a weekend ride.

6.0 - 9.0 = Smooth and easy, could ride on for days.

9.0 - 10.0 = Dirk. Yes, I am this good, no rubber can compete.

Double Entendre? Yes, I'll have one please.

Advertisement