Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DSL Broadband in Inagh ???

Options
  • 15-02-2011 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Anyone know if DSL Broadband is available in Inagh yet, especially for online gaming or a broadband that will work for this.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I had a look for business in Inagh, got a phone number and put that number into eircom's site, that's usually the best way of finding out in broadband is available in an area, if you know a number of somewhere closer to your property, put in that number. Anyway, according to eircom, there isn't broadband available. I think ripplecom is available out there, I know a few people with that and they play games with no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Niall_G

No DSL (and won't be for a while). Ripplecom available most areas but dependent on line of sight. After that, next best is 3G/Edge from 3 or O2, but you won't be gaming..... I would contact Ripplecom as your starting point.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭travispickle8

Thanks for the replies , I thought as much

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Jim Martin

I know someone at "The Hand" halfway between Miltown Malbay & Connolly which isn't too far from Inagh, they get BB & tv via satellite & they seem very happy with the setup.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Jim Martin wrote: »
    I know someone at "The Hand" halfway between Miltown Malbay & Connolly which isn't too far from Inagh, they get BB & tv via satellite & they seem very happy with the setup.
    I'd imaginet that's the Ripplecom solution

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Clareman wrote: »
    I'd imaginet that's the Ripplecom solution

+1 for AIbridges.ie, nice and fast wireless BB. I would suggest ripplecom as they are now in the phone(VoIP) business too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭Figerty

I have ripplecom and it's fine, maybe abit pricey now compared to the all in package from Eircom. I did see a Ripplecom sign in Inagh last week advertising 8MB Broadband, but I don't think that can happen wirelessly. Call them and ask

If you can see BEN DASH to the south from your home (see the red light on the mast to the south) then you can get it. If you are at the wrong side of a hill, you are screwed.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Jim Martin

Yes, I seem to be "on the wrong side of the hill" (w side of Mt. Callan) for everything. I can just about get Vodafone Mobile BB which in theory is supposed to be 7.2 Mb but I'm lucky if I get 1Mb (2 bars out of 5 on the register!).

• Registered Users Posts: 2 miltownmalbay

i am new to the area and im wondering when will dls broadband be here? someone said the end of the year but i don't no, anyone got any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭cowlick

Maybe give a call into Telecom stores in lower market in Ennis, I found Tom had excellent knowledge of when and where the broadband was coming and managed to get it for us out in the sticks! Surprising Inagh still has n't broadband, I believe Kilnamona does not either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 itsallaboutmis

Hi Im living in Inagh and using the three dongle 19.99 a month and my son is using it to play x box live perfectly

• Registered Users Posts: 2 miltownmalbay

is it true broadband will be in inagh in the next 6 months and that work has already started bringing the cables out?

Advertisement