Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results are up

Options
  • 15-02-2011 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

it's true. good luck all. see ya

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭tonto2010

Nice one cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Geansai Rua

YAY!!! My best results so far... Whats a good gpa? Like around what number?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

YAY!!! My best results so far... Whats a good gpa? Like around what number?

GPA
    Pass is 2.0 - 2.49
    2:2 is 2.5 - 2.99
    2:1 is 3.0 - 3.24
    1:1 is 3.25 & up

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Question, I did grand in all but one subject which I failed (not my fault I swear:D), but according to Gavin's post my GPA overall is a pass.

Does this mean I don't have to repeat the subject I failed? It says ''Exemption(s) Granted'' on the page next to my GPA.

*edit* Looks like I will, as far as I can see you have to have the full 60 credits to pass the year and have a GPA of 2.0+. Although I don't know why it says exemptions granted of my results page!!

See here... http://www.ittdublin.ie/StudentLife/ExamTimetables/FrequentlyAskedQuestions/FAQAnswer,19002,en.html

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭7.Ronaldo

If your overall GPA is a Pass it will compensate for a D (a compensate fail) but not an F (an overall fail) as far as I know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Geansai Rua

GPA
    Pass is 2.0 - 2.49
    2:2 is 2.5 - 2.99
    2:1 is 3.0 - 3.24
    1:1 is 3.25 & up
    Cool, thanks... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Says I got a '3.18 Pass'

Is that still a 2:1

(Not that it matters, irrelevant semester :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Clinker

Does this mean I don't have to repeat the subject I failed? It says ''Exemption(s) Granted'' on the page next to my GPA.

"Exemption(s) Granted'' means you didn't fail all the subjects, just some of them. You don't have to repeat the ones you passed: those are the exemptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Hey,

Im trying to calculate a friend's gpa. He got 3.42. Does that count as a 2.1 in Tallaght? or is it higher? I can't find anything on that link that says what the GPA for the degree grades is.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

I did much better than I thought I would.

Delighted now :D

One more semester and I'm freeeeee!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭macrubicon

Hey,

Im trying to calculate a friend's gpa. He got 3.42. Does that count as a 2.1 in Tallaght? or is it higher? I can't find anything on that link that says what the GPA for the degree grades is.

Cheers

Eh.... See post #4 above for all you need

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

How blind am I. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I have 3 different gpas for some reason.
    semester 5
    semester 6
    year 3

All 3 are different. Does anyone know which one i choose? I'm guessing semester 5?

Not that it matters anyway, i suppose, since its only half way through the year.

EDIT: actually, i have exemptions granted too, but i passed everything! Worst i got was 1 C, the rest were A's and B's.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭macrubicon

Your Year GPA is a combination of the Winter and Spring semesters. The weighting can be a little different depending on the credits in each semester - they should be equal but every so often a course is up where they are a little skewed.

Advertisement