Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IP camera setup for internet

Options
  • 14-02-2011 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I purchased a panasonic BL-C121 wireless ip camera and i'm having some trouble setting it up.
    I'm clueless when it comes to router settings and ip address so im kinda hoping its something simple im missing.
    Its setup and working through my wireless network so far as that i can view it on my ipad or iphone using live cams app but as far as i can tell this is only through local access.

What i want to do is be able to open up app while away either through my 3g or on a different wifi account and view camera.

ive been through the options in the cameras settings and where it says "allow access from the internet" theres 3 options.

Auto port forwarding (IPv4): disabled
    viewnetcam.com registration: do not register
    Allow access through internet (IPv6): enabled

I enabled the last one but still wont work.

Sorry that seems like a a lot of rambling on for a small question but am kinda clueless on how to ask.
    Any help would be much appreciated?
    Thanks

also im using a macbook if thats relevant

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Enable auto port forwarding for IPV 4.
    Do you have a fixed externalIP address ?

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Spook80

KoolKid wrote: »
    Enable auto port forwarding for IPV 4.
    Do you have a fixed externalIP address ?

cheers for the reply.
    To be honest i don't know. how do i tell if i have an external ip address?

i tried enabling auto port forwarding for IPV4 and it said "For Auto Port Forwarding, the port number may change.
    In this case, register the camera address's new port number with the PC or Network Camera Recorder"

I clicked ok and then it said "Router configuration in progress to allow access from the Internet.
    (Port forwarding.

And after a minute or 2 it came up:

Failed to setup;
    Failed to access test from the internet.
    Local Network Access: http://
    IPv6 Address: http://[]
    The address above will be shown on Status page in the Maintenance section.

(i rubbed out the addresses as wasnt sure whether thats stuff i should post)

Advertisement