Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M-16A5

Options
  • 14-02-2011 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭

hello ,
    I'm looking for any info of the M-16A5 ?

David

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Savage93

whydave wrote: »
    hello ,
    I'm looking for any info of the M-16A5 ?

David

Try the god of weapons Manic Moran:)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Erm...
    It's not a tank.

Actually, I'm not convinced it's not vapourware. I am not aware of it being type-classified, let me hunt around a bit.

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Is it just an M16A4 with a collapsible stock, or does it have other changes, full auto trigger group maybe:pac:? I have read it is rumored to have a free float rail system by either LMT or DD but that was from old reports going back a few years, I wouldn't put much credit behind them.

That could have been an M16A5 in that pic in the airsoft section last night Dave, would make more sense than another Mk12 sub variant.

That could have been an M16A5 in that pic in the airsoft section last night Dave, would make more sense than another Mk12 sub variant

That was my initial thought as well when I saw this thread posed, but I am unconvinced. It's not as if PEO Rifle sends me notification emails whenever a new system is put into service, but the fact that I've not seen "M16A5" except as speculation or an airsoft weapon leans in favour of 'not in service'. That said, I've never gone looking either, which I shall do tonight, if my better half doesn't mind too much.

NTM

OK, after much searching, the best I can conclude is 'vaporware'.

Vltor produces an 'M16A5' stock and buffer assembly, but though it was produced to meet a perceived USMC demand to convert M16A4s, it isn't type classified, and it isn't a new rifle.

That's the closest that there seems to be thus far.

NTM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

Advertisement