Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best find my phone app.

Options
  • 14-02-2011 8:56pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭

As the title suggests I'm looking for a find my phone app. I'm using lookout at the moment and while it does everything I want it has an ongoing notification in the notification bar which is annoying and doesn't really hide the fact you can track your phone.

Does anyone know of one that is similar but doesn't leave an ongoing notification? It'll need to be able to activate the gps services as I usually have this disabled to save battery.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Did ya try seekdroid

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Can all be done with tasker profile including pop up messages

Heres instructions
    http://lifehacker.com/#!5611003/build-a-find-my-iphone-clone-for-android

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

You can disable the ongoing notification in Lookout by pressing menu and notifications :)

I think AVG have an app too, but it costs like 7 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

seanybiker wrote: »
    Did ya try seekdroid

just got this....seems like a great app

I like the way its all done in the background so you can tell that the phone is being located or wiped...also hiding the app from the menu is a good feature too.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

MGMTea wrote: »
    You can disable the ongoing notification in Lookout by pressing menu and notifications :)

Yeah, I eventually found that option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,604 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Well I use "where's my droid"

The whole "Text to make ring on full volume" and "text to get it to text you GPS" is handy. My mates use it to find out where I am when I am working.

(I work as a tour guide)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Installed Seekdroid after reading this thread, well worth the 72 cents. Thanks for the recommendation.

Advertisement