Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how good is Clover Joe? And his progeny?

Options
  • 14-02-2011 8:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Hi everybody,

I hope you can help me with this. A friend of mine has a mare that I'm interested in to buy. She is by Clover Joe (who is obviously by Clover Hill).
    On the dam side there is Leabeg and Ballinvella.

To be honest I don't know much about Clover Joe, how good he is/was and what he passes on to his progeny (my friend never really jumped the mare much, so she wouldn't be able to tell how "good" she is).

As I'm looking to breed a good show jumper (crossing an irish mare with an international stallion), I'm desperate to know more about Clover Joe. (and if I should get that mare or not)

Does any of you can help me with infos or maybe have a horse by him?

Thanks already for your help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

Clover Joe was born an bred in Mayo. His older Half brother was a very successful Show Hunter in England. Horse of the Year Show Champ if I not mistaken.
    He himself jumped in Laneken at least once. Think he went at 6 and 7. Was ridden by Linda Courtney. I know he qualified for finals one of the year as I was there. The town was represented by 2 horses
    Would have been classified as Grade A under the old rules.
    He would not have covered a huge number of mares
    If you can get your hands on the most up2date Stallion book or can wait for it to download from IHB web it will list his progeny and their competition points etc.
    He did have a smashing temperment
    Hope that helps a bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 siraxta

thanks for your answer :-)

not many seem to know something about him or his progeny...

Advertisement