Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forgot to include line in the English mocks?

Options
  • 14-02-2011 5:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

In the personal writing section I sorta forgot to include the line given in the question.
    Luckily it was the mocks, anyone know how many marks I'll lose? :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭yellowsky169

[In the personal writing section I sorta forgot to include the line given in the question.
    Luckily it was the mocks, anyone know how many marks I'll lose?
    I don't really know but did you make it clear what one you were doing? Did you put the roman numerals beside it or whatever? If you did I don't think it would be that much I mean it's out of 70 so 5 maybe? As long as they knew what one you were doing...:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 CornWallises38

Not a substantial amount. I seriously doubt it'll cost you a grade! ;)

Good luck with the results!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Seeing as it is the only requirement given for the question, I think it is a big docking. You will get marks for mechanics, etc. but it will be down to little more than attempt marks seeing as the question wasn't answered IIRC. Happened to loads of people in my class last year in the Mocks. Though your corrector might be a bit kinder than ours. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 braka of the wing

A load of my year forgot to and their kicking themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭DarkDusk

I made the exactly same mistake in my Mock a few weeks ago! I got my result yesterday and I was amazed that the examiner didn't even notice that I didn't include the line! On top of all that I got 61/70 !!:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

DarkDusk wrote: »
    I made the exactly same mistake in my Mock a few weeks ago! I got my result yesterday and I was amazed that the examiner didn't even notice that I didn't include the line! On top of all that I got 61/70 !!:D

Don't expect the same low level of attention from real examiners.
    Someone leaving out an essential line smacks of learned off essay to me. I'd hammer it if I were marking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

For the real deal you would get very, very low marks if you did not include that line, because you are basically not answering the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭DarkDusk

Well, at least I'll learn for my mistakes! I even circled the line on the paper but I was so rushed I totally forgot about it! I def won't forget for the JC though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 IamStupid..Not

Someone in my class did the same, and the teacher explained that she would lose either 10 marks or half marks.
    I've forgot though, it was nearly a month ago. It's either one of those!

Advertisement