Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burning AVI files to DVD

Options
  • 14-02-2011 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I'm relatively new to Mac but I love my MBP - trouble is, there doesn't seem to be an easy way to burn my movies (in .AVI) to DVD format.

iMovie only allows this if the AVI files are converted into Quicktime format which is a pain and I downloaded Toast but when I try this it throws an error saying that I don't have the codec needed.

Is there a straightforward piece of software that I can use to do this job. My old windows laptop I using VSO ConvertXtoDVD - really simple.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

There is a free CD/DVD burner I use called Burn.

Great little utility and does what you are after.

Burn - Macupdate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Stainless_Steel

Bear in mind that most modern DVD players will play AVI files so burning as a data disc usually suffices.

To do this simply insert a blank disc and drag the files to it with finder. Then click burn.

Advertisement