Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lost saddle/seatpost bolt

Options
  • 14-02-2011 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭

Lost a bolt and plate off saddle/ritchey 2 bolt seat post at the weekend.
    No part/model number on the seatpost.
    Frame is carbon - would this mean the seatpost is too?
    Plate has one ridged convex side and one flat side.
    Anyone know anywhere that might stock these around the city/southside.
    I've tried a few places and cannot find online either.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

The seatpost could be carbon or aluminium, or even titanium, the frame material doesn't help determine which. The Ritchey carbon seatposts that I have seen have all had the "traditional" carbon weave visible, like this one.

I think a local bike shop will be your best bet for finding a replacement plate and they should be able to identify the model of Ritchey seatpost too by looking at it. The places that spring immediately to mind as worth trying for such spare parts are Cyclelogical, Cycleways, Eurocycles, ThinkBike (Rathmines), and Joe Daly Cycles (Dundrum). I've not seen replacement plates for sale online, but then again it's not something I've ever explicitly looked for so perhaps they are readily available somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

There are replacement kits for the 1 bolt clamp. Scroll to the bottom of this link: http://www.ritcheylogic.com/dyn_category.php?k=98376

The following phrase would suggest you can replace the entire 2 Bolt clamp with a 1 bolt clamp;
    "To retrofit WCS One-Bolt Carbon Seatpost"
    http://www.ritcheylogic.com/dyn_prodfamily.php?k=98383
    But you'd probably want to email them for confirmation

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭depadz

yeah, seen the 1-bolt ones. Mines a two bolt.
    There are two holes in the seatpost for the two holes in the clamps that clamp the saddle rails so not sure how that'd work?

I emailed ritchey but no reply yet anyway re a replacement.

My one is just plain black without any visible weave.

Thanks..

Advertisement