Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giant Dash 4 - alternatives?

Options
  • 14-02-2011 1:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭

Hi all,

Herself is looking to replace her heavy "city-cruiser". Just wondering if there are any decent alternatives to the Giant Dash 4. €650 (before C2W reduction) really is the max she'd be willing to fork out.

Requirements: Light, flat bar, durable.

Any help appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭mvpr

Anybody!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭thundercatho

Do you have a problem with the Giant Bikes? I have the Rapid 3 which has been a dream to cycle. The Dash 4 would be slightly heavier than say Dash 3 etc but if price is an issue then the Dash 4 would be good choice. My advice would be to maximise the BTW allowance if possible as you wont be able to avail of it again(for 5 Years Anyway)... Most work places allow you to pay it off over 12 months...

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭captain P

Do you have a problem with the Giant Bikes? I have the Rapid 3 which has been a dream to cycle. The Dash 4 would be slightly heavier than say Dash 3 etc but if price is an issue then the Dash 4 would be good choice. My advice would be to maximise the BTW allowance if possible as you wont be able to avail of it again(for 5 Years Anyway)... Most work places allow you to pay it off over 12 months...

I have to agree with this. I have the Dash 2 and find it fantastic.
    It's definitely worth paying the extra for the bike you like up front - and if its looked after it'll last her for years!!
    I tried out the Dash 4 before buying the 2, and its a very nice bike!

I've heard good things about the Trek hybrids... 7.2 (I think) is a reasonably priced one (a quick google will sort this for you :p). They're heavier than the Dash range as far as I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭mvpr

My thanks to you both for your replies.

Yep, think she can pay it off this way which is great.

I agree totally on maximising the B2W reduction. Will see how far she can stretch the finances.

Nothing against Giant bikes (bowery mashup is my daily!) - just interested to see what alternatives people might have gone for.
    captain P wrote: »
    I have to agree with this. I have the Dash 2 and find it fantastic.
    It's definitely worth paying the extra for the bike you like up front - and if its looked after it'll last her for years!!
    I tried out the Dash 4 before buying the 2, and its a very nice bike!

I've heard good things about the Trek hybrids... 7.2 (I think) is a reasonably priced one (a quick google will sort this for you :p). They're heavier than the Dash range as far as I know.

Cool - will check out the 7.2 and maybe Dawes equivalent. I'll be doing the looking after so that side of things shouldnt be an issue!

Advertisement