Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Met Eireann Vs RainToday?

Options
  • 14-02-2011 1:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Is there a Met Eireann service in Ireland that allows a premium service as the Rain Today UK does.

As most of the weather that I'm interested in is very South and with the Shannon Radar out the UK coverage is of no value to me.

My question is, how does Rain Today provide the better imagery from Radar Data supplied to it by Met Eireann's Shannon's radar?

Can Met Eireann provide the same imagery for a €5 a month sub?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Is shannon still down? by looking at the radar on met.ie it's working but not showing up on raintoday for some reason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Is shannon still down? by looking at the rain radar on met.ie it's working but not showing up on raintoday for some reason

In the other thread on the radar being down, it's not on full power and data is not currently shared with the UK. That post is about two days old but today no sharing is on the UK site.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Basically rain 2day use a different algorithim for there radar , plus different intensity scales.

Met Eireann hav a more general one.

But ye... i know they do hav a hi res one to... we've seen it on the News reports/

Would be nice if that was available to us!

Iancar29 wrote: »
    Would be nice if that was available to us!

Hold that thought!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

gbee wrote: »
    Hold that thought!

Holding....................................................................................................................:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Raintoday is far better for Donegal than the ME radar, I'm guessing its because of the combination of the ME and the British MET radar for the North.

It would be nice if they made their high res one available, raintoday tends to stop working properly whenever there's heavy traffic during the snow

Iancar29 wrote: »
    Holding....................................................................................................................:rolleyes:

OK you can stop holding.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭odyboody

Interesting that it is currently the opposite to normal. i.e. MET shannon radar active but not showing on raintoday:rolleyes:

odyboody wrote: »
    Interesting that it is currently the opposite to normal. i.e. MET shannon radar active but not showing on raintoday:rolleyes:

In the thread 'Shannon Radar Down'; a poster said the Shannon Radar had been running on half power since its repairs and was not sharing. This info, now a week old I'd reckon, but as it's not showing on RainToday, I'd say it's still current.

Advertisement