Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GPS outage for 1 hour on 11/02/2011?

Options
  • 14-02-2011 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,967 ✭✭✭

I use GPS for work and was testing to see if our HW was loosing GPS lock from time to time. I set up a log of data for two hours and found something very strange. I lost GPS lock from 16:00:36 to 17:08:08 (log edned here) on 11:2:11 (last Friday) till my log ended. I’ve found a notice that there is some testing going on by the US DOD around Florida but nothing for Europe. Anybody else experience something similar? I’m in Dublin.
    Last edited by spaceHopper; Today at 14:00. Reason: wrong about start time

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Probably better off in the Tech forum pal.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭muckish

What sort of GPS were you using? It might be possible you lost the egnos signal and therefore the HDOP or PDOP settings dropped below a threshold set on your device and didn't record during that time. Have you checked the GPS almanac for the times in question to see what the satellite alignment was. Again it may have dropped below the PDOP or HDOP settings on your device.

Advertisement