Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ban from Cycling

Options
  • 14-02-2011 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I recieved a ban from cycling for arguing with a mods decision on thread, well, not so much argue, more just edit my post back to its original state after a mod had edited it for me.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056179200&page=4

is the thread in question, in which a poster gave a example of logic used by jeremy clarkson and I called it "Gobsh!te logic" , I fail to see how this is personal abuse. If I wanted to abuse the poster Id have said something properly abusive. (incidentally the poster I replied to called cyclists ****)

Fair enough if its classed as personal abuse, but I feel its a bit of a joke if it is, moderation like that just destroys a forum IMO. There is far worse said during match threads in the soccer forum.

Kona

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I find it a bit surprising you're on here arguing a 1 day ban after you very clearly publicly undermined a moderation decision. What you did is effectively no different to arguing with a moderation decision in thread. You just did it in a more subversive way. I think you're around long enough to know better.

On the content of the post: Saying that someone is using gobsh*te logic is tantamount to calling them a gobsh*te. It is abusive.

If another poster called cyclists **** then you should report the post and leave it to the mods.

No point in comparing forums. They're all different.

So there you have it; The 1 day ban stands unless you want to go to the admin level with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

The moderation decision was IMO inconsistent, and im around here long enough to realise that. However, Ive got my point across, I consider the process closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

Marking this thread resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement