Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Users and Black Ops Server Browser

Options
  • 14-02-2011 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

Just FYI, some people on UPC with those awful Cisco routers cannot connect to any BLOPS server as none show despite it saying 8000 servers etc. So one of the things to get it working is by disabling the firewall on the router. Very simplistic, I know.. but I didn't even think about it for 2 months before I realised that might be the problem.

• go into your favourite internet explorer and type into address bar http://192.168.1.1/
    • Password and Username if default is just left blank so just hit okay.
    • Go down to the heading Firewall and click Options.
    • Disable the firewall by unticking Firewall Protection.
    • Click apply.

Only do this if you have a strong enough firewall/virus protection to fend off viruses as this can cause an infection if turned off with no virus protection programs such as AVG, McAfee, Microsoft Security Essentials, Avast! etc. This is just a suggestion, so don't get mad if it doesn't work as it worked perfectly for me.

Did this work for you? 0 votes

Yes
    0%
    No
    0%
    Kind of worked... Showed more Servers than before.
    0%

Advertisement