Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorbike mechanics apprenticeship???

Options
  • 14-02-2011 3:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

where would 1 start in gettin an apprenticeship in Motorbike mechanics??:confused:

any info would help me!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭ihateclowns11

You will have to try around all the motorbike repair shops,try "bikeworld"
    "bray honda centre" and so on,and if your lucky enough to get in with a shop then go to fas and apply for aprentice,but fas wont accept you until you have a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 paadyboyo

You will have to try around all the motorbike repair shops,try "bikeworld"
    "bray honda centre" and so on,and if your lucky enough to get in with a shop then go to fas and apply for aprentice,but fas wont accept you until you have a job.

thanks i'll give them a ring 2mrw and see if there are any vacancies!
    sound!:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8 eddiet610

hey there
    there is also an evening course run in DIT Bolton st I did it years ago when there was no real apprenticeship for motorcycles, I was working in a bike shop and going to college in the evenings, I'm not sure if FAS do apprenticeships for motorbikes now though... it would be preferable to work in a shop at the same time though putting your theory into practice ... good luck with it. I moved from the bikes into computers though and haven't worked on a bike in years, still I do miss it a bit.....

http://www.dit.ie/study/parttime/programmes/dt064motorcyclestudies/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,766 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

eddiet610 wrote: »
    hey there
    there is also an evening course run in DIT Bolton st I did it years ago when there was no real apprenticeship for motorcycles, I was working in a bike shop and going to college in the evenings, I'm not sure if FAS do apprenticeships for motorbikes now though... it would be preferable to work in a shop at the same time though putting your theory into practice ... good luck with it. I moved from the bikes into computers though and haven't worked on a bike in years, still I do miss it a bit.....

http://www.dit.ie/study/parttime/programmes/dt064motorcyclestudies/

+1 on full time course: many moons ago, I chucked in a perfectly good job to study a B.Tech in motorcycle engineering in Soundwell College in Bristol.

Another college, which I interviewed for, and may have been a good choice too, is this: http://www.petroc.ac.uk/what-we-do/courses/c266853902/motorcycle-maintenance-certificate

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Advertisement