Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wipperman quick link / help I'm an idiot

Options
  • 13-02-2011 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭

After the winter my commuter's drivetrain is in woeful condition, so I ordered basically a replacement set and have spent the afternoon cleaning and prepping. The new chain is a Wippermann Connex 8 speed, includes quick link. I've seen the Connex links on CRC before, so didn't give it a second thought. Anyway, I get it measured, on the cog and go to get the quick link only to find... this:

147810.jpg

This isn't like any quick link I've seen before, have been playing around with it now for about 15 minutes and I can't see how it works at all. There's only one hole in the plate for both pins to go in... once one of the pins is in and slid across, the second pin lines up with the end of the plate just past the hole it's meant to go in.

Has anyone come up against one of these bastards in the past? It looks to me to be physically unpossible, so it's got to be something really easy and I'm just having a Homer moment here.

Comments

Advertisement