Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows won't let me send emails

Options
  • 13-02-2011 5:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi guys, Just have a problem sending emails on my laptop and wondering if any of you might be able to help. Apologies if this is in the wrong place, mods pleae feel free to move.

Basically for the last week when I try to go to www.hotmail.com a certificate error appears. I click to continue to the website as I have continually done a security check so know that there are no viruses etc.

I can view my emails even though a pop up appears at the top, but when I click to reply to an email or write a new email a notification appears that Internet Explorer has stopped working and the webpage closes down...this happens every time! I've checked my firewall and all windows live programmes are allowed to go through it. Every other website is fine and I can view and send emails from my account on my sisters computer.

Anybody any idea why thi might be happening?

Thanks in advance!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Can you access other sites that use SSL?.. i.e. sites like online banking where you need to login in securely ... (This sites will have the prefix [url]httpS://)[/url]

Have you tried a different browser.. like Chrome, Firefox, Opera etc etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

+1
    Try another browser, or Outlook can do hotmail accounts. Its a long time since I had one so I don't know about other POP3 mail clients.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

There's also a service called Cryptographic Services that needs to be running.. might be worth checking that it is..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Nucky

Hi all, thanks for your replies...I've tried using a different browser but i'm still having the same problems. When I start up my laptop it says something like "the BOH.DLL has failed to start" could this be something to do with it? I've tried looking to see how I could reinstall it but I can't find anything!

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

Both BOH.dll and BHO.dll appear to be spyware. A search will point you to removal instructions. Maybe your AV has removed/quarantined the dll but not the calling programme.

• Advertisement
Advertisement