Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wisdom

Options
  • 13-02-2011 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Tom fell in love the moment he set eyes on her. There she was , so sexy, beautiful curves and so good looking. With minimal consideration he took the bait,hook line and sinker. He made his downpayment and drove off into the sunset.
    In the beginning, so much in love, he took her everywhere. Pride,exilleration and satisfaction were his everpresent companions. Changing the oil was a particular pleasure of his and he changed it perhaps more times than he should. All her whims were immediatly attended to and lavish sums of money were expended to keep her in the condition she was accustomed to.
    But as time went on little faults began to appear. This day she did not start, another day she was tempremental, and then another requiring expensive expenditure he could ill afford. On top of that she was beginning to look old and frumpy.
    Tom did'nt know when the love affair ended but one day he just had enough. He sent her to the breakers yard in his head and went out and got a new model. He sees her around town now and again, parked here and there, and as he looks back through his rear view mirror, he smiles the wry knowing smile of the enlightened. With wild abandon he puts the pedal to the metal and heads for the freedom of the open road.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 captain 26

I once heard that Wisdom is “wise doing”. I suppose if you have learned something but don’t actually apply it into your life through your actions then it hasn’t really been learnt and therefore is not really wisdom.

There are many stages in the life of an ordinary man. At the time of year just passed I was reminded of two.
    The first of these is:-
    Stage 1) we believe in Santa
    Stage 2) we don’t believe in Santa
    Stage 3) we become Santa!

The second one is a little more serious. Only two stages in this one.
    Stage 1) up to the age of around 40/45 we chase success
    Stage 2) after that age we chase significance.

Just as a side note. It was my birthday on the 23rd of January.
    Is it just me or do birthdays make you access your life? Do you try to measure your progress along some imaginary path that you either set for yourself or others set for you? Do you compare your “success” in life to others who are the same age? How do you measure success?
    Did you ever actually take the time to plot out a game plan for your life? Did you ever write a mission statement for “YOU. inc”?
    Did you ever write down your gifts and talents and see how to make the best use of them to get you to where you want to go? Did you ever access what additional skill or talents you needed to complete your mission and then set about getting them?
    If you’ve done any of the above you’re somewhere in the 3% to 5% of the population that also has. If, like me, you’re with the 95% that haven’t, don’t despair, tomorrow is waiting for you. A fresh 24 hour start to the rest of your life.
    There is nothing so freeing as sitting down with a blank piece of paper and thinking about what you want out of life.
    Mind you, its not easy!
    Here’s how I would suggest you start.
    1) Ask yourself “if time and money were not an issue, how would I spend the next 5 years of my life? What would I be? What would I do? And what would I have?”
    2) Ask yourself “ what is the ONE thing, that I could add to my life OR the ONE thing that I could take out of my life right now that would have an immediate and positive effect”.
    3) Write down how you can get that ONE thing? Let you mind think freely. Don’t put up any barriers yet. At first your ideas will seem silly and unobtainable but you’ll be amazed that after a while of writing your “unrealistic” ideas – something will happen that will get you excited with a “possible” solution. Time is not important at this stage. Allow yourself some quiet time away from distractions. Come back to it if you have to. Do it over a few days. Don’t discuss it with people who don’t have a vision for their own lives. They’ll only offer you negatives.

My moto is “when you can see the invisible – you can achieve the impossible”
    Anything that has been invented, any story or song ever written, any great achievement by anyone had they’re beginnings as a thought and thoughts are invisible to everyone but yourself! There is creative power in thoughts. My Dad always said that thinking is the most powerful but most under used ability of a human! We can earn an average income give or take 10% using our body from our neck down but the sky’s the limit for our income if we use our body from the neck up.

How true is that! ;)

Advertisement