Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Train fare??? help pls

Options
  • 13-02-2011 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

Ive been browsing the irish rail website for fare, but i couldnt find the route i wanted.

Longford - Dublin (Connoly) or Edgesworthtown - Dublin (Connoly)

rung the station at times advised, no answer

I e-mailed Irish rail, asking for Edge - Connoly fare, for thursday 3 feb 2011, day return, 1 adult. they replied to me ........... €20.30 , is this right?

one of my friend, aged 50 went same route with her 10 y.o child, cost her €14 between them.

then my mother in law said, nah its €12.24 each. but she does get things wrong most of the time.

can i hv some advice pls?

thx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

It depends on what day/time you go at. I could not give you a price for that day as the date has passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭garfieldsghost

Bought a day return ticket yesterday and it cost €15. On other days it can be as cheap as €12, I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

They do day return deals (or did the last time I used the train) after 9.30 AM for 10 or 12 bucks,monthly returns are about 30 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭marrakechheat

thanks everybody for the help

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

They do day return deals (or did the last time I used the train) after 9.30 AM for 10 or 12 bucks,monthly returns are about 30 quid.
    They changed it now, it's 15. Still not a bad offer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement