Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent Bandwidth Monitor

Options
  • 13-02-2011 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Can anybody recommend me a Decent Bandwidth. Just so I can keep tabs of mt downloading and usage.

I've tried iStat pro but every time I reset it after a while it starts puling in old info.

There are a few out there I know, but any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭thisisadamh

Ronan wrote: »
    Hi,

Can anybody recommend me a Decent Bandwidth. Just so I can keep tabs of mt downloading and usage.

I've tried iStat pro but every time I reset it after a while it starts puling in old info.

There are a few out there I know, but any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Your ISP should provide a bandwidth usage monitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

Not UPC I'm affraid

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Just found it, not used it yet but SurplusMeter here seems to do the trick: http://www.skoobysoft.com/utilities/utilities.html

Recommended by Lifehacker for the job, so that's something.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

www.dd-wrt.com

im going nuts at the moment trying to get an individual bandwidth monitor per client going though.

script gets broken here, works over there, vice versa.

argh..

but if its the total bandwidth you want, itll do the trick, if you have a router that is supported.

cheapo, free though needs a little bit of cojones and leaving your comfort zone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement