Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivia Q!

Options
  • 13-02-2011 2:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

Can anyone remember the name of the bike shop that used to be along Bachelors Walk back in the early/mid 90's?

I used to love going in there and looking over the nice bikes they had in stock. At that time it was Raleigh mountain bikes I was in to :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Hardings. Ah those were the days. Always loved drooling over the Campag display case on the wall inside.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

In the late 80's they used to have Kelly's tt bike on display inside. Used to go in just to drool over the kit.
    They used to sponsor the Junior tour as well AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

Jeez can almost SMELL it !Thats brought back memories!I remember at least 2 or 3 of the staff had moustaches when NO cyclist did ,well maybe Claude Criquelion ,of course they were participants in the then bohemian,dandy new sport of 'Triathlon'...the bike park in there was in a very handy spot and cheap...
    Come to think of it I can almost feel the floor 'creak' underfoot ,was a kind of 'long entrance /walkway above overly thin 'plywood' floorboards...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

ytareh wrote: »
    ..the bike park in there was in a very handy spot and cheap...

Yeah... used to park the bike in there when I was in Bolton St. I think they gave myself and another student a discounted rate of a £5 a week. Used to love it.They had a beautiful Bennoto frame hanging for years and I vowed when I qualified it was gonna be my gift to me. When that day came....I went in only to be told it had been sold. :(
    I even borrowed a pump off them once....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

Yeah I remember LIFTING the red /white/blue 'fishnet' paintjob Bennotto!It felt featherweight and was prob 19/20lbs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

Great shop and great memories. Late 80's bought a beautiful Olmo frame (green/yellow Columbus tubing!) from them and got them to spec it with full Campag Chorus, cinelli bars and Wolber tubs. £950 (punts)

Advertisement