Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canon Service

Options
  • 13-02-2011 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

I have a Canon 5D that needs to be repaired by an authorized service place (the fault—mirror falling off—is covered in a factory recall).

Where do you normally send your Canon stuff? I called Canon Ireland and only bumped into an answering machine.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

ISS - Image Supply Systems are an authorised Canon repair centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭zerohamster

whoops didn't quite take in the post when I read it lol

Also failing ISS, contact Colchester Camera Repair Service as they are also an ASF based in the UK where it will be going anyway to be repaired.

Best of luck with the camera!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

I sent mine directly back to here - Canon RCC at the bottom

They replaced the mirror, cleaned and serviced it all free of charge (and they gave me the shutter count). Great service. Just make sure you follow their procedures.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭mrboswell

whoops didn't quite take in the post when I read it lol

Also failing ISS, contact Colchester Camera Repair Service as they are also an ASF based in the UK where it will be going anyway to be repaired.

Best of luck with the camera!

I thought that anything going out from ISS went to canon but I could be wrong...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭zerohamster

mrboswell wrote: »
    I thought that anything going out from ISS went to canon but I could be wrong...

Technically they go to Canon but that just means a Canon ASF (authorised service facility) where they get repaired. I believe that ISS sends their stuff to Fixation in the UK as there are no ASF that actually do repairs in Ireland (Im pretty sure they dont even do minor repairs there either but I could be wrong about that one)

If its within warranty then ISS is best because you wont have to pay the shipping to the UK but otherwise its best to either go local or send it to the UK where its going anyway and save money and time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭selekta

Thanks guys. So technically, going through ISS is the easiest way, only might take a bit longer?

My case is a bit tricky as the mirror was fixed in a Canon centre in Asia two months ago. It was life-saving at the time but not done right, the mirror slides out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

I have used

http://www.fixationuk.com/Fixation/Repairs.html recently.

I found the service v. professional - good at keeping me informed of repair progress, and reasonably quick turnaround. Cost about GBP 100 to fix a focus problem with my 40D.

They are an official Canon centre but I'd phone them first to see if they will cover the repair.

I have never used ISS - was put off by some negative comments about them that I'd seen on boards.

- FoxT

Advertisement