Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Sites for APPS

Options
  • 12-02-2011 11:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭

HI Guys

Just bought an IPhone 4, and wondering from your experience etc... which sites are the safest/best for downloading APPS. Both paid and free APPS.

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,566 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

seanie69r wrote: »
    HI Guys

Just bought an IPhone 4, and wondering from your experience etc... which sites are the safest/best for downloading APPS. Both paid and free APPS.

Cheers

you only have one choice - iTunes App Store
    unless of course your Jailbroken - Cydia

open to correction though.............

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

kceire wrote: »

Web apps perhaps :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭seanie69r

kceire wrote: »

So if my iphone 4 isnt jailbroken, which it isnt. i cant download from any other site other than itunes app store??!!?? thats a bit f**ked up?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

So if my iphone 4 isnt jailbroken, which it isnt. i cant download from any other site other than itunes app store??!!?? thats a bit f**ked up?!?

Thems the rules :).

In fairness though you aren't going to be left wanting. iTunes has more than enough apps to keep you ticking over.

Thems the rules :).

In fairness though you aren't going to be left wanting. iTunes has more than enough apps to keep you ticking over.

thanks, and how much on average does t cost for an app (i.e excluding free ones). and does it cost much internet wise when downloading them from the handset.

cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

Apps will vary from 49c up to €89.99. Majority of them on the much cheaper end of the scale.
    Internet charges for downloading will depend on your network, but if you are bill pay,you should havedatausage included in your tariff. If your worried about this, you can download apps in iTunes in your computer and transfer them to your iPhone when done

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

thanks, and how much on average does t cost for an app (i.e excluding free ones). and does it cost much internet wise when downloading them from the handset.

cheers

Did you not research this kind of thing before you bought the phone?

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Did you not research this kind of thing before you bought the phone?

Yes i have. The only thing i wanted to clarify was what sites were best for downloading from other peoples experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Yes i have. The only thing i wanted to clarify was what sites were best for downloading from other peoples experience.

But you cannot download apps from websites, only iTunes. :)

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    But you cannot download apps from websites, only iTunes. :)

thats where my confusion was. thanks tom. short and sweet. problem solved!

• Advertisement
Advertisement