Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to safegaurd home from identity theft?

Options
  • 12-02-2011 9:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Ok possible scenario-lets say house is alarmed, has cctv and gates but someone still manages to break in. How do you stop someone from then using things in the house to steal your identify?

For example im now shredding all non important documents and for the ones i still need im thinking about scanning them and then uploading them to my dropbox account and then shredding the originals.

For personal data like my credit card etc im thinking of using the secure notes facility in lastpass...

Can anyone see any flaws in these ideas? or even some tips to add to this?

Im also worried about the amount of photos of family and friends we have around the house-i could upload these online but i dont think other people in my family would like that...am i going too far here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭altor

cathpa wrote: »
    Ok possible scenario-lets say house is alarmed, has cctv and gates but someone still manages to break in. How do you stop someone from then using things in the house to steal your identify?

For example im now shredding all non important documents and for the ones i still need im thinking about scanning them and then uploading them to my dropbox account and then shredding the originals.

For personal data like my credit card etc im thinking of using the secure notes facility in lastpass...

Can anyone see any flaws in these ideas? or even some tips to add to this?

Im also worried about the amount of photos of family and friends we have around the house-i could upload these online but i dont think other people in my family would like that...am i going too far here?

You can never be to careful when it comes to items like this. Identity theft is common enough these days to be careful of what is put in your bins. If you have a lot of important documents around the house then this is a good idea to shred all important documents.

Advertisement