Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rabbits dumped in Navan

Options
  • 12-02-2011 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

I am a volunteer with an Animal Rescue group in Meath. Today we received a disturbing call stating that 10 rabbits had been dumped in a ditch. The lady who called was out walking and spotted them. She carried two home and returned with carriers to pick up the remaining rabbits. In total she took 7 home and we took the rabbits in. What despicable person could do something this evil...four of the rabbits are young, around 3 months old, two are adult females and most likely pregnant and one is a lovely buck. We don't have the space to keep the rabbits comfortably, but they are safe, have warm bedding, hay, food and water, but we will need to separate them further, especially if they are pregnant. If you could help out by taking a rabbit or fostering, please let me know.

Obviously, we will keep them here to ensure they are healthy and to get their body condition up but we will need loving homes for these poor pets. Not sure yet whether they are in shock but they are eating and drinking and seem friendly and easy to handle. They are a variety of colours from grey to white to black and white.

It is a sad state of affairs when someone can dump vulnerable little creatures like this and presume they can survive in the wild.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭SophieSakura

That's so sad. :mad: People are so stupid to think they can survive in the wild.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Rabbitandcavy

That is awful!
    Poor bunnies :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Poor rabbits :( dumping of rabbits and guineas is sadly pretty common in this country. I blame certain pet shops for a lot of it, incorrect sexing, selling to people who haven't a clue and not using common sense or recommending spaying/neutering.

Advertisement