Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road Rash - the thread

Options
  • 12-02-2011 6:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭

There was a thread last year with recommendations on how to treat road rash. Involved a debate between Dr Rob Fowl and an ER nurse. I cant find it. ANyone know where it is, or alternatively how to treat road rash.

Washed it in luke warm water & Cleaned the wound.
    Then applied some savlon and some gauze. Hurts like hell.

Strange thing is that I didnt get it by falling off a bike, but falling off a tightrope thingy in a kids playground this morning (I **** you not).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Dónal wrote: »

Thats the one. I searched for road rash and couldnt find it.
    Please lock thread, nothing to see here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

ROK ON wrote: »
    but falling off a tightrope thingy in a kids playground this morning (I **** you not).

Sorry ROK ON but had to laugh when read this. Trying to impress the kids or the missus with your new level of fitness :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

sy wrote: »
    Sorry ROK ON but had to laugh when read this. Trying to impress the kids or the missus with your new level of fitness :).

Daughter very sick, so brought the other 2 kids to playground we ofter go to. There is a plaything that involves a tightrope (about 2 feet off the ground). I saw another few dads try to get across - but they were going too slowly. I decided to go quickly and got 3/4 of the way when I slipped badly and crashe to the ground. My entire shin hit the thick rope (obviously very hard). Worse than any rash I got on a bike. About an inch wide and 1 foot long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

Ouch! 3/4 bibs for the next few weeks. Hope you get it sorted

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement