Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing kittens food to adults

Options
  • 12-02-2011 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I have a quick question I'm hoping one of you could answer for me, I'm currently feeding my two kittens Hills Science Plan kitten food which they love, I will be changing them to the adult version when they are old enough.

Here is where I come up with a bit of a prediciment if you could call it that :rolleyes: Max the eldest will be one in April, and Bailey the younger fella won't be one till June. they both eat from the same bowl even tho I started them out with two they prefer eating together.

So do I change them both gradually over to the adult food when Max is one or should I keep them both on the kitten food till Bailey turns one??

:confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Changing in April won't make much difference to the younger cat to be honest. One thing I would suggest is to try different foods, I have seen a cat fed on only one brand, they changed the recipe and the owner had a hell of a time trying to get the cat to eat the "new and improved" flavour. This is also handy if for some reason you can't get your hands on the usual food and have to use a substitute for a few days.
    I have 2 different dry foods I feed, as well as some good quality wet stuff and the odd bit of raw food (mince, chunks of meat scraps and chicken wings).
    Cats aren't like dogs, dogs will get an upset stomach at a sudden change in food, cats won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Kenevil

Thanks Mymo,

I think it may just be handier to change them both in April, I do try alternate between the tuna and chicken versions, I've an older cat at home in the folks house and he will eat nothing but chicken :)

Advertisement