Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Cycle of 2001

Options
  • 11-02-2011 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Hey Folks,

Looking for a bit of advise here.
    Havent been on a bike since mid-november last...Thinking of doing my first ride tommorrow morning.

Thinking of Carlow to Arklow via ether one of two routes

1) Carlow-Hackestown-Tinhealy-Arklow
    2) Carlow-Bunclody-Enniscorthy Roadabout-Gorey-Inch-Arklow

Route one is approx 60km while route 2 is in or around 90km.
    Worried about if there is ice on the roads wil I kill myself :P or be better going on route two which has better roads but could kill myself doing 90km..

What would you do? What would Jesus so?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I was on the Bunclody to Enniscorthy road yesterday and it was grand. I severely doubt there will be ice in the morning. 90km is always better than 60km. Also, I don't see how it's taken 10 years for this thread to come through.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭michael196

sharky86 wrote: »
    Hey Folks,

Looking for a bit of advise here.
    Havent been on a bike since mid-november last...Thinking of doing my first ride tommorrow morning.

Thinking of Carlow to Arklow via ether one of two routes

1) Carlow-Hackestown-Tinhealy-Arklow
    2) Carlow-Bunclody-Enniscorthy Roadabout-Gorey-Inch-Arklow

Route one is approx 60km while route 2 is in or around 90km.
    Worried about if there is ice on the roads wil I kill myself :P or be better going on route two which has better roads but could kill myself doing 90km..

What would you do? What would Jesus so?

since 2001? are u still out there some where?

depends of course on ur fitness level, option 2 is a lot of N11,

option 1 is lot of rolling countryside

do u want to put tup with traffic? if no then 1

ther will not be ice tomorrow

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

michael196 wrote: »
    do u want to put tup with traffic? if no then 1

It's hard shouldered pretty much the whole way so I think it'd be fine. Option one is fairly rolling though.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭mo_bhicycle

It'll be hard to find a bike rack to fit a DeLorean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Ghost Estate

You'll need a fairly expensive hub dynamo if you want to run a flux capacitor off it. Check the rating is more than 1.21JW

• Advertisement

You'll need a fairly expensive hub dynamo if you want to run a flux capacitor off it. Check the rating is more than 1.21JW

Also you need to take into account the resistance from the dynamo will slow you down making 88mph very hard to get to.

time only travels forward and without the flux capacitor / dynamo or tyres, , sharky will never get back to 2001........

who wants to break it to sharky?

luckily both roads were there in 2001.

good to see you are thinking four dimensionally

good to see you are thinking four dimensionally

of course Dr Emmett Browne ( had to look that one up !! ). but was boards there in 2001 ? is sharky warping wihout knowing it ?

where is sharky, he is very quiet through all this helpful garble

of course Dr Emmett Browne ( had to look that one up !! ). but was boards there in 2001 ? is sharky warping wihout knowing it ?

yes. I've bumped threads from '99

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Roads?
    Where he's going he doesn't need roads!

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

He is in Carla :p

blobbie wrote: »
    He is in Carla :p

as sharky started out asking '' what would jesus do ? '' how about re-incarnate ? in 2011 ?

or do a lazarus even.....

if he does reappear then we would have to build an airport in carla ( just like for the appiriation in knock) .....

now thats a good curveball .........

Sharky come back, all is forgiven,,, just use the edit key....wherever u are.....

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭sharky86

Mite as well have have started out in 2001! took option and it nearly killed me. hard to belief how much fitness I lost from beer and tv for the last 3 odd months. next time taken option 1......

See some guy drafting a tractor about 3 inchs from the back of it tho on the N80. looked like he was a bit bored staring at the back of it

Advertisement