Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hardcore Will Never Die, But You Will - Mogwai

Options
  • 11-02-2011 5:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭

New Mogwai album is streaming at Rollingstone.com for a few days. Here's the link.

Haven't listened to it yet, can't make their gig next week either due to double booking. Damn it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

That's a great album title

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

New Mogwai album is streaming at Rollingstone.com for a few days. Here's the link.

Haven't listened to it yet, can't make their gig next week either due to double booking. Damn it.

Mogwai lost out? Fair play.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Great album, really wish I was going to the gig tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I'm seeing them tonight, I haven't seen them live before. The new album is poor though, probably their worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Shryke wrote: »
    I'm seeing them tonight, I haven't seen them live before. The new album is poor though, probably their worst.
    I thought that as well after the first few listens but I have to say it's grown on me big time. I think it's excellent. Also one of the best album names I've seen :p

Gig last night was excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭Panda

Decent gig, not overly impressed.
    Annoyingly my ears are still ringing... :rolleyes:

Anyone catch the name of the support act guy?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭DMG 1972

Panda wrote: »
    Annoyingly my ears are still ringing... :rolleyes:

Anyone catch the name of the support act guy?

support was from this guy http://www.rmhubbert.com/

My ears are still ringing too. I'd never seen them before but enjoyed it - I thought the support act was a strange choice though

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Kid V

Panda wrote: »

That sums it up for me too. It was my first time seeing them and i was really hoping they'd play at least two songs from 'Happy Songs for Happy People' but alas it wasnt to be. There were moments during the show where i was in complete awe at what i was hearing and there were other moments where i was fidgeting and not really paying attention. I suppose i should of listened to the new album before the gig!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

The gig didn't wow me or anything but it was alright. I thought they would have played more stuff I would have recognized I guess. It was a bit boring during parts but still good music. I'm still not gone on the album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Listened to album there last night, have to give it a few more spins. Its not bad or anything, its just not what I was expecting, very un-Mogwai like in places! Change can be good though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

just listened to it online. I'm really liking it, especially the last tune "you're lionel richie". it's kind of atmospheric in places, a bit like a lighter version of ISIS when they were doing the ambient thing.
    It's different to the last album, and I think that's a good thing....
    I'll pick it up on CD or legally download it for sure...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Sorry to drag up an old thread but had this album.on the ipod on hols and it has grown on me. The synth/electro touches are very good.A few tunes on this up with their best..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Did the party happen? :pac:

Advertisement