Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Student Papers/Mags

• 11-02-2011 3:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Heya,

I'm trying to find out what student papers/mags are in IADT and who runs them? Can anyone help me out?

Thanks,
    Linda

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭awesom_o

We're supposed to have a monthly magazine (the brass monkey) but I don't know what the story with it is with it.. the comms officer is in charge of it.. like I said, no clue what the story is.

But! But! I got this in an e-mail;

A group of business students (DL231 Year 3) are publishing a student newspaper this term. They are looking for content – news, views, book /film/ music./ sport reviews, literary content, letters to editor etc.

It is a great opportunity for all students who wish to see their name in print to get involved. The publishing date is 1st week of March, content to be delivered by 22nd/23rd February. You can get more information by emailing: iadtnewspaper@gmail.com<mailto:iadtnewspaper@gmail.com>

• Registered Users Posts: 35 sparklicous

ye, the brass monkey is the official paper. regularity depends on when the communications officer wants to put them out. this year's officer had high hopes of putting them out once every 2 weeks, but stumbled after issue 1.

i did the layout about 4 years ago, and got 3 issues in before rag week, but then the communications officer dropped out. with elections for the new communications officer next week, make sure it's an issue that your candidates are aware of. with the amount of arty types floating around the college, even if it was literally a collection of images each issue, something should be published. also the website wasn't really updated all year.

in my experience it's really difficult to pin down people for additional articles/work with their course work taking up all their time. it needs to have someone this year with a real vision of what they want, and the time to follow it through. a very difficult position in reality, and i don't envy next year's representative.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

New newspaper in the works. Info here.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 sparklicous

next year, they really should get someone who studies layout, like a vis com student or someone with experience to do the newspaper. the text was difficult to read because the gutters were too small and some of the pictures were stretched disproportionately. fair play for getting it together other than that though. i'm not trying to be a bitch, it's just the way it was.

Advertisement