Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK Fee Increase for Current Students?

Options
  • 11-02-2011 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,904 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Just a simple question to which I have had a big debate about with some friends from Uni.

My friends have just started a 4 year course.

If the new fees come in for the academic year of their third year for example will they have to pay the increase or is it for people who start a course in that example year who get hit?

In other words is it a case that when you enter a course that has a fee capped at ~£3250 that cap remains for until you finish that course of study fully?

Either way I think I will be finished my course by the time they bring it in but my friends will be only half way through their course or something.

The NI fees have been recommended by a Government report to raise to a max of £5,750.

Thanks
    bbk

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

During the last hefty fee increase it applied only to people starting new courses after the increase was brought in - those halfway through their courses etc. continued to pay the old fees for the remainder of their course. That was in 2006 and I was a 2005 entrant so I just escaped the increases.

I can't say that it would definitely be the same this time round, but at the same time I'd say it's unlikely to change :cool:

Advertisement