Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3D Pokemon?!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

*awwws* ..it'll be awhile before I get me the 3DS ... >.<.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭who is this

Much as I wish for it, and remain SLIGHTLY hopeful, I doubt 3D will be one of the enhancements.

I know in theory it shouldn't be too difficult - all it has to do is know how to render the already-3D scene from two viewpoints - but I imagine it'll be something more like SpotPass support etc.

But we can hope. Only a few hours left till 3DS is out in Japan and we'll know all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Apparently(according to a guy in Game) the battles won't be 3D enhanced, but the cutscenes are.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

There are a few moments that are pointlessly in-your-face - don't want to spoil the surprise though - and I'd say those are 3D but the rest isn't. Hell, we've been waiting 15 years or so for a proper Console pokemon RPG... you can wait for Pokemon Grey for full 3D can't ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

cloud493 wrote: »
    Apparently(according to a guy in Game) the battles won't be 3D enhanced, but the cutscenes are.
    If the guy in Game had a 3DS in his hand or was wearing a 3DS T-shirt, don't beleive him. If he was in the Game in Dawson Street, don't trust him even more.

And from the horse's mouth:

“ Other than just being able to play the game normally, there's nothing special if you use a 3DS. ”
    -- Junichi Masuda

• Advertisement

Both of those, in Liverpool actually. Dissapointing though

Both of those, in Liverpool actually. Dissapointing though
    At the Celebi event I am guessing? They used the Celebi event at Oxford Street to do extra 3DS promotion, I'm guessing they don't have a lot of preorders. They've even put on extra tour dates

Yeah, I was there on saturday, thought I'd pop in. The guy was showing it to some dad with his kids, and he said the only normal DS game to get enhanced would be black/white. No the guy who was supervising the black/white play stations was saying there's a surprising lack of interest in the games. There was only me playing when I did.

Yeah, I was there on saturday, thought I'd pop in. The guy was showing it to some dad with his kids, and he said the only normal DS game to get enhanced would be black/white. No the guy who was supervising the black/white play stations was saying there's a surprising lack of interest in the games. There was only me playing when I did.
    Of course there's a lack of interest in the B/W games at the tours, they are only running the damn demos that have the menus disabled and all the connectivity disabled. Half the fun on these tours is attemping to trade out the starter/rare items when the staff are distracted :P, can't do that on those damn demo cards

Yeah pretty much:p All the demo had was two battles against your rivals with a set team, that ended with saying Yeah dragonspiral tower's awesome... buy the full game and see it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement