Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teaching Practice

Options
  • 11-02-2011 1:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi! I want to apply for my HDIP yet due to some circumstance I would need to do my teaching practice in my home town. What college allows this? I think with ucc and ucd you have to do it in cork or dublin! any one know of any where that lets you do it home?
    also when do dip students finish placement is it March? Im on experience with my degree and one school couldnt take me as they has a dip student but am hoping if they are leaving in march I could try again!?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭01mirelly

Hi! I want to apply for my HDIP yet due to some circumstance I would need to do my teaching practice in my home town. What college allows this? I think with ucc and ucd you have to do it in cork or dublin! any one know of any where that lets you do it home?
    also when do dip students finish placement is it March? Im on experience with my degree and one school couldnt take me as they has a dip student but am hoping if they are leaving in march I could try again!?[/QUOTE

Maynooth. For instance in my year people traveled from all over including dublin, kilkenny, laois, carlow and wicklow.

Teaching practice on monday and friday with college tues, wed and thurs. There is also a block 3 week period after xmas.

I finished practice end of April. Had exams in may.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 teaching2011

ohh great so ye were able to teach any where around the country so? Thats good! :)
    There's a girl doing her dip in the school i would like to get some experience at the mo!shes been there since Jan everyday!Cant work out what college that be though!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭01mirelly

ohh great so ye were able to teach any where around the country so? Thats good! :)
    There's a girl doing her dip in the school i would like to get some experience at the mo!shes been there since Jan everyday!Cant work out what college that be though!?

She could be on a teaching block, maybe maynooth, you should ask her.

I did my practice in my home town and traveled to college the three days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 teaching2011

Yeah she must be!! Hopefully she will be finishing up soon and they can take me!:pWould be great place to go!!Even though teaching experience doesnt count towards the HDIP any more, it would be great to get some experience in different school's so I get a real feel for it!!:) Thanks for the help!!:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Yeah she must be!! Hopefully she will be finishing up soon and they can take me!:pWould be great place to go!!Even though teaching experience doesnt count towards the HDIP any more, it would be great to get some experience in different school's so I get a real feel for it!!:) Thanks for the help!!:D

She may be from Galway, they do after Christmas block release.

Also, she'll have been taking on classes for another teacher, and that teacher will go back to their class when she leaves. There won't suddenly be a vacancy when she goes back to college.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭awny

OP what subjects can youteach? UL do dips aswell and have every Monday at a school and block placement for 5 weeks after xmas and you could arrange your own TP. The inspectors travel the country!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

ohh great so ye were able to teach any where around the country so? Thats good!

Just to clarify, I think Maynooth do have a radius you have to stay in (since the tutors do have to travel to you) but it's a fairly large area...

• Registered Users Posts: 7 NieveP

She could be with Hibernia college. They do a distance learning PDE. You can do your teaching practice in whatever school you choose. Also,they do have a block of teaching practice in February. I'm with Hibernia and I'll be doing a block of TP next February.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

This thread is two years old .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Please don't revive very old threads

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement