Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coaching for beginner and leisure cyclists

Options
  • 10-02-2011 9:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭

This was in my inbox this evening. It may be of interest.......

Please find attached details on cycling coaching morning this Sunday 13th February for adults who are beginner or leisure cyclists.

The details are:
    Venue: Simonstown GFC, Navan

Time: 10am - 2pm

Suitable for: This coaching day is aimed at all beginner cyclists and leisure cyclists only. All bikes catered for. Helmets MUST be worn.

Agenda: Basic bike maintenance including puncture repair (Taught by Gerry Harte, Cycling Mechanic to the Irish Team)
    1 - 2 hours of coaching including group skill training and hill climbing techniques
    Q and A session covering all aspects of training and nutrition

Cost: €15 or €10 if you have taken part in, or are training to do the An Post Meath Heritage Cycle Tour

To Book a place: Call Alan 087 900 8845 (Places Limited) or email info@yourcyclingacademy.com

Details available on www.yourcyclingacademy.com

MODpeople - I left the mobile and email in because they're published on a public site (http://yourcyclingacademy.com/events)

there's a note also emphasising that this is not for racing cyclists

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,760 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

I don't wish to turn this into a helmet thread, but I find the stipulation that you have to wear a helmet very curious, given that the course is specifically not for racing cyclists.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭austinbyrne21

tomasrojo wrote: »
    I don't wish to turn this into a helmet thread, but I find the stipulation that you have to wear a helmet very curious, given that the course is specifically not for racing cyclists.

There's another 26 minutes till Friday!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,760 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

I should have kept my powder dry. Apologies!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,052 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

tomasrojo wrote: »

Group cycling = risk of crashing.

Probably a public liability insurance issue too. Insurers don't care about the subtleties, they just don't want to have to defend an expensive legal action.

Advertisement