Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm: Wired or Wireless

Options
  • 10-02-2011 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Just wondering about a house alarm and have a couple of questions. I have no intention of installing it myself, but just wondering a few things

1) I've seen on some threads to steer clear of Wireless Alarms, but I see HKC have a wireless system. Just wondering does anyone have any experience of it, or does it come with same problems of other wireless systems

2) How much does it cost to do the wiring if I wanted to get the wired system. I've seen some prices on websites, where the pre-requisite is that the house is already wired. We got a quote, which to me looks like they are taking the Micheál Martin - excuse the bad language! It's an old house, it would just be downstairs, about 12-15 windows.

Tnx.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭altor

Most problems with wire free alarms would be down to bad installation practices in my opinion. The HKC, POWERMAX or SIGNET would be a good wire free system to get installed. A lot of the older wire free system use the 433 frequency for there detectors, I would not get one of these installed as there are too many devices using this frequency E.G. door bells, remotes and so on. All the newer system use the security 868 frequency.

Wire free is more expensive compared to wired devices. A system with 12 windows is going to cost from 1,250 Euro and up depending on what else you have installed. The best advice is to get a few companys to call out and see what system would suit your premise and get your self a few quotes.

Advertisement