Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drummer wanted, eclectic taste essential!

Options
  • 10-02-2011 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hey there, my band is looking for a new drummer. We are an up-and-coming 4 piece act, based in Dublin.

We are in the midst of recording our first EP and are looking to be gigging regularly in the coming year, both in Ireland and possibly abroad.

Applicants only need to meet 2 criteria:

1. Have an open attitude and an interest in a wide range of music/styles

2. Be willing to/have the time to be 25% of a fairly full-time band

Here's a sample of a couple of our current setlist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EotuLG6u5Js

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbv13jWD9O0

Have a look, if anyone's interested they can reply to this or PM me and we can set up a time for jamming

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Leedofile

I am i drummer. had a browse at your links there, like what i heard. Could you send me a lists of your influences. There may not be alot what you's are doing is different to most things. How old are you's all?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Tzuky

Thanks for replying, Leed.

We're in our mid 20's to early 30's, although that's not an issue; we're not ageist. :D

Influence-wise, we take a lot from many places.

Folk-rock-wise, we have Neil Young, Dylan, some trad. Then we've got some blues, jazz, some Paul Simon, we take a bit on board from QOTSA-esque harder rock, it's hard to pin down exactly where we're coming from.

We're into everything, basically, we're looking to get a fairly loyal fanbase going, and what we really want is someone who brings their own musicality and personality into the band.

As said above, we are busy with recording, but if you're up for jamming sure give me a buzz, we'll have ye over.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Tzuky

Bumping this up; we're still on the lookout for a fourth member. Any interested drummers give me a buzz, anyone else please pass this on if you know anyone who'd be interested...

Advertisement