Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone keep free range or organic poultry?

Options
  • 10-02-2011 3:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭

I posted this in farming too. But thought there might be people here who keep poultry, even just a few hens or whatever, it's all helpful as long as it's free range :)

Hi smile.gif If anyone keeps any kind of free range poultry, would you mind answering a couple of questions for me? It's for a project about farming I have to do for college. I have most of the information already for the project, but we're meant to do questionaires just to show we researched :D And it'd be interesting to see the answers anyway

What poultry do you have? species, breeds?

Are they for meat or eggs?

Are they organic?

What kind of housing do you have?

What feed do you use?

What are some common health problems?

Thanks smile.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Perhaps you get more info here:

http://www.irishfowl.com/talk/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

What poultry do you have? species, breeds?
    A few different breeds, Buff Sussex, Light Sussex, Orpington, Cream Legbar, Jersey Giant...

Are they for meat or eggs?
    Mainly eggs

Are they organic?
    Yes

What kind of housing do you have?
    Live in main barn above the cows

What feed do you use?
    Mainly Wheat

What are some common health problems?
    None but use preventative treatment for mites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭SophieSakura

Advertisement