Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good place for wood in limerick city?

Options
  • 10-02-2011 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭

Hi.
    Just looking for a bit of advice on a good cheap place to purchase some wood in or just outside Limerick city. wood-mills, Co-ops Etc...

I'm building a shed out the back so just looking for some 8ft tounge and groove planks, 3"x3" wood for the frame, felt and a few other bits and bobs. I know pressure-treated wood is the way to go but money is tight so that is not an option. I will have to do with normal wood with regular staining and treating. I have tried woodies but their prices are just crazy.

When I lived in Tipp, i went to the co-op, when i was in Ennis, i went to Shannon-side but I haven't got a clue of the best place to go in limerick.

Any help/advice/directions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

Well there's a co-op out by parteen, not sure about price or quality though... Go out the Corbally road about 2 miles,(cross over the Shannon) then when you get to a petrol station - not apple green but it's on your left, I think it's maxol, take a left just before it, up a small hill and the co-op is on your left there after a few hundred metres...

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Ev84

Thank you for the quick reply komodosp, very helpful of you. Ya I'm not too bothered with the quality of the wood, doesn't even need to be planed or anything. With it being a co-op too the price should be more or less the lowest around. I take it they do torch-on felt too... and perspex maybe?
    Anyway thanks again komodosp for the clear directions, not too sure of the area yet ya know :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Woodies would definitely be out for decent prices of building materials. Try the likes of the builders suppliers in Limerick. I work in a hardware shop pm me your list and I'll make sure you aren't getting screwed.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Ev84

buck65 wrote: »
    pm me your list and I'll make sure you aren't getting screwed.;)

Will do, Buck65... might be a while from now, need to save a few more squids first and then do some rough calculations before i know what i need. Thank you.

Ya i knew woodies would be well over-priced when buying in bulk, they're okay for small things like bits of trim or a bit of replacement skirting-board but for the amount of wood i need i would be mad to go there... some of the hand-tools and stuff are reasonably priced too but nowhere near co-op prices.

Nice one Buck...

Advertisement