Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reputable cocker spaniel breeder?

Options
  • 10-02-2011 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone can recommend a reputable cocker spaniel breeder in dublin or wexford?

the advice here seems to be to avoid donedeal and the likes? so if anyone can point the way to somewhere better please do

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Contact these people:
    http://www.cscoi.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

I got my 3 cockers from Bill McEntee, Rathcoole, Co. Dublin. His contact details are on the website andrea posted - he is the club secretary. I would recommend him. He is a member of the IKC. His own website is www.baysway.ie

The Club may be contacted by writing or phoning the club secretary:

Mrs. B. McEntee Campbell, Crookshane, Rathcoole, Co. Dublin. Ireland.

Telephone: +353 (0)87 6122011 or +353 (0)1 4580189

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

paultf wrote: »
    I got my 3 cockers from Bill McEntee, Rathcoole, Co. Dublin. His contact details are on the website andrea posted - he is the club secretary. I would recommend him. He is a member of the IKC. His own website is www.baysway.ie

+ 1 Billy has lovely cockers and he is a lovely man.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭The Rook

paultf wrote: »

Just from my own experience I have to say that I don't know if I'd recommend Bill McEntee.

About 7 years ago we bought two cockers from him. After we got them home puppy #1 became very sick very quickly and puppy #2 was also sick (but not as sick as puppy # 1). We brought them to a vet who was appalled at their condition . She said that both had worms and lice, were malnourished and were in a very sorry state. She said that whoever the breeder was shouldn't be allowed care for pups if this was their condition.

Puppy #1 sadly died during the night and puppy #2 is still with us (thank God, and the good vet)

I'm not saying that this will always be the experience with Bill McEntee (and he is a lovely guy) but I'm just saying that this was my experience with him, so you can ignore everything I've said or consider it when making a decision.

Advertisement