Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer eligability in Camogie?? Play county before club??

Options
  • 10-02-2011 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I'm currently on the county senior panel for camogie but my club is still playing junior. Was thinking of transferring to a local club who are senior just purely because a lot of my club fixtures clash with the county fixtures.

I have talked to the fixture commitee about changing the junior matches but they said that these matches are fixed this way so that the senior games aren't on these days so mostly all of my club games will clash.

With this in mind I feel like I miss out on the standard of camogie the girls play anyways so was considering a transfer but are there any conditions for a player to transfer? Also do you have to be over 18 nal that jazz? all help greatly appreciated!

Oh and are you supposed to play with your club before county or county before club??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Eamonn Fennell must be getting desperate now ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Standard GAA procedure is you put in for a transfer to another club (Not sure if any reason needs to be given). Your club may object to this. In this case you may have to wait for a season and not play with your old club but not with a new club either. You have a legitimate reason there so I suggest you talk to your club and put in for a transfer.

Advertisement