Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commuting from Virginia to Ballsbridge

Options
  • 10-02-2011 12:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi There, thinking of relocating to Virginia, just wondering does anyone know the approximate commute time with the new motorway?? I know AA routefinder says 1 hour 13 mins, is this accurate for anyone who already does this journey, obviously taking into account traffic at peak times!!! :) Thanks for advice
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 705reeves

M3 is great motorway. Tolls tend to add up but it makes the world of diff to the commute. about 1 hour & 10-15 mins from Virginia to Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Yep, not far off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭meercat

agree with above posters
    1hr to m50
    however ,depending on departure time,it could take another hour to ballsbridge
    traffic gets heavy at peak times
    if you pass the m50 by 7 am,20mins will get you to ballsbridge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 starjump

Thanks for feedback everyone! Really will help us in making our decision!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Also, what side of Virginia?

Coming home and living on the Cavan side could result in meeting the often heavy traffic trying to get through Virginia. I find it can be hit and miss but others may know exact times to avoid. Sure there are always the back roads around anyhow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,706 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

45 mins from Virginia (Dublin side) to the M50 - that's doing the legal 120, but not dawdling either.

That said though I'm not going into the city centre itself - I'm working up on the north side of town - takes me an hour and 15 mins door-to-door most days

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭duffalosoldier

Hey, we're thinking of a similar move and wondering how this commute is working out for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Hey, we're thinking of a similar move and wondering how this commute is working out for you?

Just look out for signs saying " Droichead na Magairlíní. "

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭duffalosoldier

feargale wrote: »

Meaning.........

• Advertisement

Meaning.........

Meaning Ballsbridge.

Advertisement