Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Maternity Benefit- sorry if a repeat thread

• 09-02-2011 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

My apologies if this has been done before, but I couldnt find anything when I searched.
    I am due to go on maternity leave in 9 weeks. My partner is unemployed. he isn't claiming social welfare as we didn't think we'd get anything if I was means tested on my salary. I wont get paid for my maternity leave so I was wondering what maternity benefit I am entitled to? Can I claim for my partner as a dependent adult even though he isn't on social welfare? There doesn't seem to be anywhere on the form to mention this bar his PPS number. Am I entitled to any mortgage interest relief? ( not sure if this is the correct name/term)? Any advice would be great.

Jane

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

you fill in the form for maternity and once that gets approved get your hubby to apply for JSA/JSB which he gets depends on his previous work situation
    I was in same situation I got full Maternity benefit at time it was 196 and the other half got dependant adult of 129 or something like that
    dont know about your mortgage as we rent
    best of luck with the birth hope it all goes well and make the most of your last days of freedom, sleep as much as you can :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

Tootle wrote: »
    My apologies if this has been done before, but I couldnt find anything when I searched.
    I am due to go on maternity leave in 9 weeks. My partner is unemployed. he isn't claiming social welfare as we didn't think we'd get anything if I was means tested on my salary. I wont get paid for my maternity leave so I was wondering what maternity benefit I am entitled to? Can I claim for my partner as a dependent adult even though he isn't on social welfare? There doesn't seem to be anywhere on the form to mention this bar his PPS number. Am I entitled to any mortgage interest relief? ( not sure if this is the correct name/term)? Any advice would be great.

Jane
    your partner should go to the SW office and apply for JSB/JSA anyway. you dont mention why you think he would not be entitled to such a payment. he should at least be able to "sign for credits", as long as he is looking for available for and fit for full time work.you dont mention your recent employment history so i cannot say whether you would appear to be entitled to maternity benefit or not.. its quite easy to qualify, though,in terms of prsi requirement. payment is based on 80% of your average weekly wage in 2009, and subject to a minimum and maximum amount.
    its all on www.citizensinformation.ie. you can also claim for your partner as your dependent. you need to be completing your maternity benefit form over the next 3 weeks to be sure that any payment you are entitled to will be in place when you head off on maternity leave. part of the application form includes your partners particulars. fill it all in truthfully and pop it in an envelope and away as soon as possible. best of luck

Advertisement