Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Before I invest.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Very pretty, but weigh a ton. I would be surprised if they were not heavier than the standard wheels that came with your bike. With that username you can only be one man so assuming it's you, take a walk down the hill to Spokes where for roughly the same money, they had a set of Pro Lite Bracciano's in stock the other day, which would be in the region of 700 grams lighter (more or less identical weight to the Mavic Kysrium SL's and similar wheels) and which review very well winning the recent cyclingweekly wheel test against a couple of dozen wheels up to 4 times more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

it might be worth considering that these will be more difficult to true compared with a standard spoke layout. (I know from experience)

I'd suggest mavic ksyrium or fulcrum racing 5. they're probably what i'd be buying at that price point

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Holyboy

Why not get a nice set of wheels built, you won't get a stronger wheel than a hand build, you have much more choice regarding rims and hubs, but make sure you seek out a good wheel builder, it's very easy to build a wheel, but it's NOT very easy to build a good wheel! I can recommend some one if that's allowed on here, I'm new to boards and don't know whats acceptable!

Dara.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭deise muay thai

Quigs Snr wrote: »
    Very pretty, but weigh a ton. I would be surprised if they were not heavier than the standard wheels that came with your bike. With that username you can only be one man so assuming it's you, take a walk down the hill to Spokes where for roughly the same money, they had a set of Pro Lite Bracciano's in stock the other day, which would be in the region of 700 grams lighter (more or less identical weight to the Mavic Kysrium SL's and similar wheels) and which review very well winning the recent cyclingweekly wheel test against a couple of dozen wheels up to 4 times more expensive.

Is that you David???
    Are you floggin anything I might be interested in? :cool:

Advertisement