Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

harlequin band

Options
  • 09-02-2011 3:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

anyone used this band lately? they look brilliant but i think i'm going to have a coronary when they give me a quote! are they worth it and can anyone give me a rough idea of how much they'll be?

thanks
    Aoife x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

got this quote off them last month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 twinkles9

thanks very much, i think!

that is ridiculous! thought they'd be expensive but that's stupid money. really appreciate you taking the time to write all that out for me, won't be getting the coronary now then, cause i've just had it! :rolleyes:

twinkles9 wrote: »
    thanks very much, i think!

that is ridiculous! thought they'd be expensive but that's stupid money. really appreciate you taking the time to write all that out for me, won't be getting the coronary now then, cause i've just had it! :rolleyes:

i copied it out of the email they sent me so no time taken :p:p but your welcome all the same :)

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭32finn

Yes They are quite expensive but they are very very good. I have come across them at a few weddings and they really put on a fantastic show.
    As far as i am aware they are one of Ireland's leading corporate and function bands so maybe that's something to do with there prices!

Here is another band who are very good and not so pricey http://trixx.ie/

Best of luck with your search

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭phantom60

I've seen them at a wedding once and they are good - but thats ridiculous money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

try www.beatclub.ie, much better value and very professional

* I do dj with them from time to time but they are as good as I've heard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Peter.Mersey

D3PO could you PM me the quote please? I don't understand why are they so shy...:-P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Also try After Dark and Music Machine too, both really good bands.

D3PO could you PM me the quote please? I don't understand why are they so shy...:-P

No problems Peter will send now. I agree with you no reason for them to request the removal of the prices unless perhaps they have finally realised the exorborant celtic tiger price they are charging is unjust and have subsequently dropped their prices.

chance would be a find thing I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

We have booked Harlequin for our wedding next year - they were much dearer than any of the other bands we looked at, however they are AMAZING! I would have been happier if they gave us even a small reduction but if we wanted them we had to pay their price. After the actual ceremony they're the part of the day I'm most looking forward to

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Peter.Mersey

Thank's for that D3PO. A mate of mine plays with the band, he'd be delighted to see that ..

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Harlequin Band

Hi All,

Thanks for your interest in HARLEQUIN.

The price of bands-for-hire varies greatly in Ireland. One can spend more, less or exactly their budget. The term 'unreasonable' should only apply to a band or business who do not provide 'value for money' in their offering.

The prices previously listed above were removed as they were misleading and were both more expensive and less expensive than our varying fees depending on the type of service required by our customer.

Best wishes all,

Shane, Frontman, Proprietor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 choochoo

Would you send me prices please. Our date is 23rd June 2012 in Cork. We saw you at Maria Golden's wedding and loved every minute - Aisling was a bridesmaid.

Cheers,

Barry.

The prices previously listed above were removed as they were misleading and were both more expensive and less expensive than our varying fees depending on the type of service required by our customer.

Finally, if anybody would like a 'personalised' quotation we are always happy to respond to any query and will endeavour to assist our customers (and people who are not our customers) in any possible way we can.

Shane how was it misleading ? I never asked for a "personalised quote" I asked for the price to play a wedding on X date thats it and what you sent was a full list of all options all of which were posted.

sadly you feel the need to have no transceparancy in your prices and well thats up to you.

The only assumption I can draw from that is your profile potential clients and shift the price up and down depending on how much you feel you can charge. I may be wrong but thats the only way I can explain how you feel the prices i posted were misleading.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Staplor

I got a price off the band too, I thought it was megabucks, but then considering how many were in the band it wasn't unreasonable for a wage for each of them compared to other bands with less members. All in all though they were to steep for me and I found an excellent band who are from the region my wedding will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

There are wedding bands to meet all budgets and if a band decide that they are worth more on a friday or a saturday and can get the money in this climate then good luck to them. Travel time can be a consideration too as a gig in dublin / surrounding counties can be ten or twenty mins away as opposed to a gig in Kerry at upto 4 hrs one way. Many people ask for and get deals but at the end of the day a band has to put a value on their time and draw the line somewhere. Also bear in mind that the length of time between booking and performance and providing other services (eg. drinks reception music, uplighting, dj) will also have an effect on a quote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sharon.ore

Hi all,

New here. Am usually on weddings online. I went to see the band about three weeks ago in Dublin as I was considering them for my wedding next July (2012). I too got a quote.

Can I ask anyone to send me their email quotes so I can compare, and see if the price was made up for my wedding.

I have to say the band were amazing. Appreciate the help.

Shaz.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Gosford84

We've booked them for next year as well. It has put our minds at ease to have them as had seen some really dodgy bands until we seen them. Shane is really nice and easy to deal with. I'm sure you've seen this but here it is anyway. They are much better live aswell. On youtube watch?v=iBXsbofLK4s

Advertisement