Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to cycling, and seeking some advice !!!

Options
  • 09-02-2011 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi all, Im new here and newish to cycling, last year I purchased a secondhand focus cyclocross bike, as i competed in 5 adventure races, now in fairness it is perfect for the job I bought it for, and will be holding onto it for those bumpy spins. Anyways what I'm seeking advice on is, Im thinking of buying a road bike for the longer training sessions (2 - 3 hrs ) as I seem to be working a little bit harder than a mate who has a road bike, and maybe I'm wrong but it's probably down to the tyres and gears and stuff :confused:. So I would appreciate if anyone out there, could recommend a bike that would suit me, frame type, what sort of gearing setup should I be looking for etc etc, and what sort of money I should be thinking about spending, thanks in advance, Deiseblue:)

Comments

Advertisement