Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rothmans and Major Double Filter

Options
  • 09-02-2011 2:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭

Are either of these still available does anyone know? To be honest I thought Rothmans were vile, my sister used to smoke them but doesn't now. I haven't seen a pack in years. Major Double Filter on the other hand I loved, haven't seen those for years either.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

rothmans still available not sure bout the major though.

i assume your not lookin to start smoking again (says the man with a smoke in his hand)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Frynge wrote: »
    rothmans still available not sure bout the major though.

i assume your not lookin to start smoking again (says the man with a smoke in his hand)

Never stopped smoking lol. Strictly a rollies man now. Just remembering the old brands I used to smoke. Wouldn't mind a double filter for old times sake :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

picked up 200 double filter camel passing through hong kong a few years back and they were the nicest cigarette i'd ever had!

got another 1000 on the way back, i think dat came to around 27 american dollars when they were costing €7ish a pack here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

Major are still available, seen a man buy a packet yesterday in the local centra

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

SteoL wrote: »
    Are either of these still available does anyone know? To be honest I thought Rothmans were vile, my sister used to smoke them but doesn't now. I haven't seen a pack in years. Major Double Filter on the other hand I loved, haven't seen those for years either.

How very dare you insult my namesake like that :mad:, they're a fine brand.I'd be smoking them right now were it not for financial constraints.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Back in the day of smoking tailor made ciggies I was a Major smoker with the occasional foray into the world of Carrols when my first choice were nt in stock. Bought JPS (John Player Special) on a few occasions but that was just to look suave and sophisticated when on the pull - beautifully marketed black and gold box.
    No offence Roth but hated Rothmans with a passion. I always percieved it as a Southside smoke and to a Nor-sider that could not be tolerated. :o

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Major are a great smoke, imo. I love the packet they come in too.

They are shorter than most other brands, but they are thicker.

They'd be pretty high up my list of potential "substitute" smokes if my own brand wasn't available.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Des wrote: »
    Major are a great smoke, imo. I love the packet they come in too.

They are shorter than most other brands, but they are thicker.

They'd be pretty high up my list of potential "substitute" smokes if my own brand wasn't available.

Why having one just now!

Started smoking Major for a couple of years, then Rothmans for about 10, now back to Major.

The Major Double Filter are different to the extra size though. Not half the smoke.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Love major. Box is awkward though in pocket and on bike. I end up squashing half of them. I smoke Carrolls all the time though. Only get major when there no Carrolls available

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

I hop between carrolls and major when i have the money and im not on rollies...real old man fags haha...nice satisfying smoke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

My friends are all farmers and converted me to Carrolls a few years back. Can't smoke anything else now they're delicious. They've a strong flavour but it's a pleasant one. Plus most people dislike them so you don't end up getting Marboro Light smoking girlfriends scabbing too many off you!

Anybody ever try those short lived light Carrolls? Had a baby blue packet. I bought a box just out of interest they were absolutely rank no wonder they didn't last.

Advertisement