Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smackdown (11 Feb 2011) Spoilers & Results

Options
  • 09-02-2011 9:41am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Taken from another wrestling board...
    * Members of the Green Bay Packers are in attendance as reported earlier. Linebacker Clay Matthews has a title belt.

* The show opens with red carpet and balloons in the ring. Alberto Del Rio comes out and cuts a promo about how it is his destiny to be World Heavyweight Champion. Kofi Kingston comes out and interrupts. He has a kendo stick and ends up trashing the set.

* Backstage, World Heavyweight Champion Edge talks about his title defense for later tonight.

* The trailer for "The Chaperone" starring Triple H is shown.

* Justin Gabriel w/The Corre b. Vladimir Kozlov w/Santino Marella after hitting the 450 splash. The Corre lays out Kozlov and Santino after the match.

* Drew McIntyre b. Chris Masters with the Future Shock DDT. Prior to the match, McIntyre cut a promo and dedicated the match to Kelly Kelly.

* Backstage, Rey Mysterio talks Cody Rhodes and his match tonight against Wade Barrett

* Rey Mysterio vs. Wade Barrett. Winner after a distraction from The Corre, Wade Barrett. The Corre beat up on Rey until Big Show came out and made the save. However, Show can't fight them off for long as he ends up getting slammed by Ezekiel Jackson.

* JTG vs. Kane. Winner via chokelslam in a squash match, Kane.

* Backstage segments with LayCool then Vickie Guerrero on refereeing tonight's World Heavyweight Championship match between Edge and Dolph Ziggler.

* WWE Divas Champion Eve vs. Layla w/Michelle McCool. Eve wins and I'm told dissension is teased with LayCool.

* Edge vs. Dolph Ziggler for the World Heavyweight Championship with Vickie Guerrero as the special guest referee. Vickie keeps fast-counting Edge, getting more heat than anyone on the show.

Vickie Spears Edge and goes out with an ankle injury. Edge Spears Dolph Ziggler twice. Green Bay Packers linebacker Clay Matthews comes out wearing a referee shirt and makes the three count. After the match, he and Edge celebrate with their title belts to end the show. Huge pop for Matthews and Edge. All the Packers at the show join them in the ring.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,868 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Vickie Spears Edge and goes out with an ankle injury.

Should that be Edge spears Vickie

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I would say so. I just copied and pasted so I would say it's a typo.

So this week Drew mentions Kelly Kelly but no interaction last week - I'm confused are they teasing a Drew face turn if so he might help Edge keep the title at EC and maybe take out Ziggler setting up a feud between them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I like the Corre. I like them as they are booked strong, which is a bit of a problem for me as they are supposed to be heels.

The stronger they are pushed the more I will like them and be less interested in seeing them lose. The way Nexus were/are portrayed as heels stopped me getting behind as the face normally won out.

The Corre though have looked so strong I think WWE run the risk of fans cheering them! The more I think about the group the more potential I see for a Face faction, something we haven't seen in WWE for some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,444 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I would say so. I just copied and pasted so I would say it's a typo.

I wouldn't say so. It says right after that Edge then spears Ziggler twice and wins after the Packers guy came in to make the 3 count. So it must have been Vickie who speared Edge and hurt her ankle, allowing the Packers guy (who just happened to have a ref shirt) to come in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,057 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

(7) World Hvt. champion Edge beat Dolph Ziggler with Vickie Guerrero as special referee to retain the World Hvt. Title. This was another good match by these two. They are starting to get some chemistry, but I don't know where they can spin it after so many stipulations the last few weeks. Vickie was doing quick counts for Dolph throughout the match. At one point after a two count, she lifted Dolph's leg onto the bottom rope and did her evil laugh. Then, after both men were down, she went into a corner and started rubbing her hair and doing Edge's pre-spear routine. As Edge stood up, she tried to spear him, but he didn't budge. She fell to the mat and grabbed her ankle, calling for medical attention. She then rolled to the floor.

With Vickie on the outside, Edge hit a solid spear and pinned Dolph, but no one came out. He got up, checked to see if Vickie was still preoccupied, and hit Dolph with another spear. Still no ref. Then, at the top of the ramp was Clay Matthews with a referee shirt on. He ran down and dove into the ring and counted the pinfall for Edge. You couldn't help but feel the energy that came out of the Resch Center when Matthews came out. It was ridiculous.

After the match, Clay handed Edge the WWE World Title belt, then Edge gave Matthews his belt. I don't know if Smackdown went off the air at this point, but Edge and Clay posed around the ring, then Edge got the rest of the Packers players and kids from ringside and brought them into the ring, all with belts, of course. They all exchanged high-fives and whatnot. Then, Edge grabbed the mic and said, "I don't know if you have noticed, Green Bay, but you have a ring full of World Champions. Screw the Steelers."

They eventually all left the ring up the ramp. On the outside, Dolph grabbed a mic and yelled, "The Packers suck! Did they even win the game? I wasn't watching, but figured it was all Pittsburgh." Then, he started a "Packers suck" chant, but Edge snuck back into the ring and hit him with a third spear to end the evening.

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/WWE_News_3/article_47567.shtml

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭TheBantam

How late was that match booked then? Wouldn't of really worked had Green Bay lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Just watching, Masters hit a beautiful Sky-High (ala D'Lo Brown) on Drew in that match. I absolutely love that move.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

TheBantam wrote: »
    How late was that match booked then? Wouldn't of really worked had Green Bay lost.

I liked it smart booking on the fly as it must've been decided late. Good use of the mainstream exposure they got with the packers using the belt, can't hurt in the build to mania. Great to see SD getting the rub from this even though they gave the QB a spinner belt on Letterman just to show what they consider the more important belt

• Registered Users Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭Ridley

The Spear is banned until further notice dammit. :mad:

Hoorah for Gabriel finally doing the 450 Splash (call it a Fallen Angel already) without waiting on the turnbuckle.

• Advertisement

Rjd2 wrote: »
    (7) World Hvt. champion Edge beat Dolph Ziggler with Vickie Guerrero as special referee to retain the World Hvt. Title. This was another good match by these two. They are starting to get some chemistry, but I don't know where they can spin it after so many stipulations the last few weeks. Vickie was doing quick counts for Dolph throughout the match. At one point after a two count, she lifted Dolph's leg onto the bottom rope and did her evil laugh. Then, after both men were down, she went into a corner and started rubbing her hair and doing Edge's pre-spear routine. As Edge stood up, she tried to spear him, but he didn't budge. She fell to the mat and grabbed her ankle, calling for medical attention. She then rolled to the floor.

With Vickie on the outside, Edge hit a solid spear and pinned Dolph, but no one came out. He got up, checked to see if Vickie was still preoccupied, and hit Dolph with another spear. Still no ref. Then, at the top of the ramp was Clay Matthews with a referee shirt on. He ran down and dove into the ring and counted the pinfall for Edge. You couldn't help but feel the energy that came out of the Resch Center when Matthews came out. It was ridiculous.

After the match, Clay handed Edge the WWE World Title belt, then Edge gave Matthews his belt. I don't know if Smackdown went off the air at this point, but Edge and Clay posed around the ring, then Edge got the rest of the Packers players and kids from ringside and brought them into the ring, all with belts, of course. They all exchanged high-fives and whatnot. Then, Edge grabbed the mic and said, "I don't know if you have noticed, Green Bay, but you have a ring full of World Champions. Screw the Steelers."

They eventually all left the ring up the ramp. On the outside, Dolph grabbed a mic and yelled, "The Packers suck! Did they even win the game? I wasn't watching, but figured it was all Pittsburgh." Then, he started a "Packers suck" chant, but Edge snuck back into the ring and hit him with a third spear to end the evening.

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/WWE_News_3/article_47567.shtml

Vickie should have at least looked the other way instead she looking right at Edge spearing Dolph twice

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

So Dolph is the New WHC?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭Ridley

DM-ICE wrote: »
    So Dolph is the New WHC?

Apparently not, despite Michael Cole loudly making it clear several times that that should be the case on commentary.

Thought Hawkins/Reks and Swagger/Barreta had short but good matches on Superstars this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

So Dolph is the New WHC?

i think they are doing the storyline that no one knows at the moment, expect the title to be stripped this week!

So Dolph is the New WHC?

Edge will be champ all the way to WM

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

So Dolph is the New WHC?

Nah, they're just dragging out the storyline until post Elimination Chamber when Edge/Del Rio will start taking off. Dolph won't ever actually hold the title before Mania.

I guarantee if Ziggler was a multi-time champion already they would've switched the title a few times...much like how they dragged out Orton vs Cena in 2009.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Presumably Teddy Long will return soon and reverse all of Vickie's decisions.

Advertisement