Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCTV recommendations

Options
  • 09-02-2011 1:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hi,

I got my house rewired last year and ran the wires for a cctv system. I'm only getting around to installing it now.

For the DVR I have been looking at this this and for the cameras I have been looking at these

The DVR has remote access via web and iphone.
    Can people pick faults in the above or have some better systems?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

It look ok, how many cameras are you planning to install.
    25 fps @ D1 split between two cameras will give you 12 fps real time recording which is fine. If you had more cameras then you could set up with motion detect and still get d1 recording

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭jame5_b

I didn't know it split the recording rate by the amount of cameras you had. Im installing 3 but maybe a fourth in the future. So really I need something like this
    http://www.iviewcameras.co.uk/Topica%5FProfessional%5F4%5FCh%5FNetworked%5FDVR%5Fwith%5FUSB%5FRemote%5Fand%5FDVD%5Fwriter%5FTP%2DH26404DVD/version.asp?PID=2
    I was wondering why there was such a difference in price between some of the dvrs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 RYBO

The dvr & cameras are good specification for money. Make sure the the hard drive supplied is suitable for dvrs[ie.surveillance drive] .I would not recommend setting system up on motion dection as this can prove unreliable set the system to record 24/7 get a bigger hard drive if you need long recording periods. Set recording quality to highest setting and dived frame rate over the four cameras at highest resolution. Hope this helps

Advertisement