Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nothin' like a good liggettism

Options
  • 09-02-2011 1:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

As the voice that defines the sport of cycling, I thought it would be appropriate to have a tribute thread of some of the colourful, creative narrations of the legendary Phil Liggett. Post your own gems. Plenty of them out there.................

"The peloton is passing a field of white cows. This region of France is known for its bovine...*goes off on a tangent*... Of course, none of that matters to any of the riders, except that they might like a nice steak at the end of the day"

"And Brian, I think Sean Kelly told Fignon in broad Irish exactly what he thought of that idea" - Fignon gestures Kelly to go to the front of the chase group.

"And Ulrich looks behind him, goodness knows why, because the whole of the Tour de France is in front of him"

"We now watch the riders make their way up the mountain road, chosen by the road department as the least arduous path. I can tell you right now these riders would disagree with their choice"

Advertisement